Ballina is a small town 30 minutes south of Byron Bay which is located in north eastern New South Wales, Australia. That’s were we stayed during the Byron Bay Bluefest (I am a huge fan of soulful music, specially if is Ben Harper singing ♡). After the first night of the festival, I woke up in Ballina on a cloudy and breezy Sunday morning. I looked out the window and I saw a few cyclists and runners on the road, so I got excited to go for a run too. I asked at the hotel reception where a nice running route in town was. To my great surprise, a perfect running route along was just a few meters from my hotel.
Ballina – New South Wales – Australia
DISTANCE, ELEVATION & ROUTE
INFO ABOUT THIS COURSE
- Start and finish at the RSL Club. There are places to park around there.
- This 5 miles course is pretty flat and goes along the Richmond river all the way to Lighhouse beach, the turn around point.
- When you cross the Missingham bridge around mile 1.5, you will see the river meeting the ocean.
- There are water fountains and restrooms along the course.
SHARING A FEW TIPS
- It is nice to stop and read the signs to learn about the local fauna and flora and also the history of the city.
- When you reach the turn around point, you will see a beach, so you could add more miles running on the sand.
- Running on the “opposite side” is a little bit confusing to me, so I just keep in mind what my brother told me: “Stay left look right.”
- A few miles from this route is the biggest prawn you will ever seen in your life:)
shoes: On CloudSurfer
photos: GoPro HERO4 Silver
some dreams are worth sharing